August 28 to September 3, 2020 in Sevastopol, the Crimean Eurasian School of the Commonwealth will hold an International historical and patriotic program “Week of Remembrance”, which is aimed at preserving historical memory.
Grand opening of the “Week of Remembrance” will take place on August 28, 2020 at 10:00 in the Museum Historical and Memorial Complex to the Heroic Defenders of Sevastopol “35th Coastal Battery”.
The Chairman of the Legislative Assembly of the City of Sevastopol, the acting Governor of Sevastopol, the leadership of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly, international experts from India, Lithuania, Russia, Slovakia, France, the Czech Republic and other countries confirmed their participation.
As part of the “Week of Remembrance”:
- scientific and practical video conference “Loyalty to the Memory of the Fatherland Defenders: Preserving the Historical Truth about the Great Patriotic War”;
- cultural and educational conference “Heritage of the Great Victory - Pride of Descendants”;
- Festival of National Cuisine of the peoples of Crimea and Sevastopol;
- screening and discussion of documentaries about the events of the Great Patriotic War;
- photo exhibition, exhibition and master classes of decorative and applied arts;
- Historical quest and excursions to memorable places of the city of Sevastopol, etc.
The “Week of Remembrance is initiated and organized by the Representation of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly in Sevastopol and the Sevastopol Regional Office of the Assembly of the peoples of Russia with the support of the Presidential Grants Fund within the Crimean Eurasian School of the Commonwealth established in December 2017.
Journalists are invited to participate in the events. Accreditation is held until August 15 on the website of the Crimean Eurasian School of the Commonwealth.