The International Union of Non-Governmental Organizations "Eurasian Peoples' Assembly" and the Eurasian Economic Commission approved the Strategic Partnership Program for 2022-2025.
The document was signed on the sidelines of the Eurasian Economic Forum, held in Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan), on May 26.
The Strategic Partnership Program between the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly and the Eurasian Economic Commission was signed by the Secretary General of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly Andrey Belyaninov and the Chairman of the Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission Mikhail Myasnikovich.
The program is based on mutual interest in expanding integration processes in the Eurasian space. It takes into account the Strategic Directions for the Development of Eurasian Economic Integration until 2025 and the Perspective Plan of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly for 2021-2025. The Eurasian Peoples' Assembly and the Eurasian Economic Commission will seek to ensure effective interaction using the unique integration potential of business diplomacy and a system of equal international partnership.
The program provides:
- organization of joint conferences, forums, discussion formats and other events and projects on the subject of Eurasian integration and topical issues of global and regional economic cooperation;
- participation of representatives of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly in the activities of the expert group of the Scientific and Technical Council under the Chairman of the EEC Board and the Advisory Council for Interaction between the EEC and the EAEU Business Council;
- participation of representatives of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly in seminars and round tables on the exchange of best integration practices organized by the EEC as part of the implementation of memorandums with key regional integration and interstate associations (CIS, SCO, ASEAN, African Union, Pacific Alliance, Andean Community, etc.) ;
- mutual participation of representatives of the EEC and the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly in public events organized by the EEC and the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly within the framework of the largest forums of the EAEU member states (EEF, SPIEF, EEF, etc.);
- participation of EEC representatives in meetings of the General Council and the Supreme Advisory Council of the Eurasian Peoples’ Assembly;
- participation of EEC representatives in public and expert-analytical events on the subject of Eurasian integration and topical issues of global and regional economic cooperation, organized by the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly;
- expert and analytical interaction between the EEC and the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly on the development of proposals for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals in the EAEU region, the implementation of the digital and climate agendas of the EAEU;
- informational support of topical issues of Eurasian economic integration on the information resources of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly;
- interaction between the EEC Youth Council and the Eurasian Youth Assembly.
About the Eurasian Economic Commission
The Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) is a permanent regulatory body of the Eurasian Economic Union. It started operating on February 2, 2012. The main purpose of the Eurasian Economic Commission is to ensure the conditions for the functioning and development of the EAEU, the development of proposals for the further development of integration. At present, five countries are represented in the EEC: the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic and the Russian Federation. Website - https://eec.eaeunion.org/
About the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly
The Eurasian Peoples' Assembly is an international non-governmental organization aimed at forming a social integration model in the name of establishing peace and harmony through the development of multilateral cooperation and public (people's) diplomacy in the Eurasian space. The Assembly brings together representatives of more than 53 countries. The organization has concluded more than 150 partnership agreements in the field of culture, entrepreneurship, development of integration ties between the peoples of Eurasia and public diplomacy. Website – http://eurasia-assembly.org